Tools are enzymes, vehicle DNA, passenger DNA. Recombinant DNA technology involves the following steps are :
- Isolation of DNA.
- Fragmentation of DNA by restriction endonucleases.
- Isolation of the desired DNA fragment.
- Amplification of the gene of interest.
- Ligation of the DNA fragment into a vector using DNA ligase.
- Transfer of recombination DNA into the host.
- Culturing the host cells on a suitable medium on a large scale.
- Extraction of the desired product.
- Downstream processing of the product as a finished product ready for marketing.