Write various steps for processing fibres into wool.
The various steps for processing fibres into wool are as follows:
- Shearing: The tleece of the sheep along with a thin layer of skin is removed from its body.
- Scouring: The sheared skin with hair is thoroughly washed in tanks to remove grease, dust and dirt.
- Sorting: The hairy skin is sent to a factory where hair of different textures are separated or sorted.
- The small fluffy fibres, called burrs, are picked out from the hair.
- The fibres can be dyed in various colours, as the natural fleece of sheep and goats is black, brown or white.
- The fibres are straightened, combed and rolled into yarn.