Write the short note on Rio de Janeiro Earth Summit 1992.
Short note on Rio de Janeiro Barth Summit 1992.
- First International Earth Summit: It was first International Earth Summit, which was held in June 1992 in Rio de Janerio in Brazil. More than 100 heads of states participated in it.
- Object: The Summit was convened for addressing the problems of environmental protection and socio-economic development at the global level.
- The participants signed the Declaration on Global Climatic Changes and Biological Diversity.
- It endorsed the Global forest Principles.
- It adopted Agenda 21 for achieving Sustainable Development in the 21 st century.
- Agenda 21: Its aim is to achieve global sustainable development. It is an agenda to combat environmental damage, poverty, disease through global cooperation on common interests, mutual needs and shared responsibilities. One major objective of the Agenda 21 is that every local government should draw its own local Agenda 21.