Write the properties of cathode rays.
Properties of Cathode rays
- Cathode rays travel in a straight line.
- Cathode rays are nothing but a stream of negatively charged particles called electrons .
- These negatively charged particles are an integral part of all atoms.
- It is lighter than Hydrogen atom. Its mass is very small when compared to that of an atom.
- Electrons have both definite mass and definite electric charge, both of which are independent of the nature of the gas in the discharge tube.