Write characteristics(in points) of cold weather season.
Important characteristics of cols weather season in India are:
- The cold weather season in India begins during mid November in Northern India and stays till February. December and January are the coldest months.
- During the winter season, the days are warm and nights are cold.
- When temperature decreases, frost is commonly experienced in Northern India
- The cold season in most parts of the country is the dry season as northeast trade winds blow from land to sea.
- Many cyclonic disturbances occur over northern India during this time. These results in rainfall during winters and snow fall in the Himalayan regions. This winter rainfall helps in the cultivation of the rabi crops.