Write briefly about nutrition in paramoecium.
Paramoecium : •
- Paramoecium is a unicellular aquatic organism.
- The paramoecium has thin, hair like cilia all over its body.
- The cilia move back and forth rapidly in water.
- When the cilia is present around, the mouth region of paramoecium move, back and forth. They sweep the food particles present in water into the mouth of paramoecium.
- This is the first step in the nutrition of paramoecium which is called ingestion and is followed by digestion, absorption, assimilation and egestion.