Write a speech on the topic "Service to Mankind is Service to God"

Write a speech on the topic “Service to Mankind is Service to God”
Time limit is of 2 and half mins
Give examples of 1-APJ Abdul Kalam 2- Mother Teresa 3- Lala Hansraj

Rabindranath Tagore’s ‘Gitanjali’ quotes “Open your eyes and see your God is not before you! He is there where the tiller is tilling the hard ground and where the pathmaker is breaking stones”. When do we approach God? What demands do we put forth before Him? And do we get angry when he does not fulfill our demands inspite of giving him 1000 gold coins, litres of milk and tons of flowers? Have you ever wondered whether the Gods have asked us for the gold coins, the milk or the flowers? No, He hasn’t. Still we keep on bribing the God for getting things done and with that it also means, it does not matter whether we have done some good or not but the God has to keep the promise and serve us well. No, this is not, according to me, what God wants. According to me, God just have one simple policy, “Do good to earn good”. We recite the pledge daily in our school; we say, “All Indians are our brothers and sister”. But in times of need do we really help these brothers and sisters? OR just because they don not fall into our bloodline, we ignore them? We ignore them. We are so accomstated to living the good life that we turn a blind eye for all the problems around us. All we care about is how to make our own life more comfortable. We do not think of serving our own brothers in adverse situations. But when something negative strikes our own life, we run to the biggest temple and offer bribe to make it all right. But God only helps those who help themselves and those who help in serving mankind. God does not distinguish between rich and poor. A person who devotes his life for the betterment of the human race is loved by God. If there is any God, He would rather want us to live not only for ourselves but for our fellowmen too.A.P.J Abdul Kalam, Mother Teresa and Lala Hansraj tried to teach the same thing with their life. The post retairement life of Abdul Kalam was full of contributions. He contributed immensely to the country’s developemnt, the country which made him the man he is. He was once quoted saying, “You see, Goid helps only who work hard. That principle is very much clear”. He decided to continue hos teaching profession so that he can impart his knowdledge to all the deserving. ‘Waht Can I Give ’ movement was launvched by Kalm ji to bring in the youthy of India together to fight the most hideous enemy, corruption. Mother teresa was the symbol of service to mankind. She founded the Missionaries of Charity in Calcutta Members has to abide by vows and to give wholehearted and free service to the poorest of the poor. To quote her words," I was to leave the convent and help the poor while living among them. It was an order. To fail would have been to break the faith." Her contributions can never be described in a small way.Lala Hansraj, a philamthropist and social worker, dedicated his life for spreading the light of education. He propogated education and started institutions so as to stand by the weaklings through thick and thin. I think these kind hearted sould sure might have found God in every walk of their life. They truly believed, to stand on the dust and perspire in others’ service, is to be in service of God Himself, to worship God in the true sense of the term.