Write a few lines on Deccan Trap of the Peninsular Plateau. What do you know about the distinct features of the peninsular plateau called the Deccan Trap?
Why is the black soil area in the peninsular part called ‘Deccan Trap’?
- The black soil area in the peninsular plateau is called the Deccan Trap.
- This is formed by volcanic activities, so the rocks are igneous.
- These rocks have been denuded over time and are responsible for the formation of the black soil. Due to continuous flow of lava an extensive lava plateau has been formed known as Deccan Trap.
- The Aravalis lie on the western and north-western margins of the peninsular plateau.
- These are highly eroded hills and are found as broken hills.