With the help of Newton’s disc, prove that seven colours of the rainbow can be
recombined and produce white light.
- Take a circular cardboard. Split the disc into seven equal sections.
- Colour the first section with violet, the second with indigo, the third with blue, and so on in the order of VIBGYOR in an anticlockwise direction.
- Drill a suitable hole in the centre of the disc.
- Take a piece of round wood as a spindle. Cut the length as required. Glue the spindle into the hole.
- Now, spin the coloured disc very quickly. Your eyes would see all the colours at once and disc would appear to be white.