With the help of chemical equation explain the process of photosynthesis in detail with the help of flow chart ?
A. Process of photosynthesis:
- The chemical equation representing the process of photosynthesis is
- Photosynthesis may be defined as a photochemical reaction, during which carbohydrates are formed from carbon dioxide and water in the chloroplasts of the green plants in presence of sunlight.
- Carbon dioxide, water, light and chlorophyll are essential requirements for photosynthesis.
- Glucose, oxygen and water are the products of the reaction. Oxygen is released into the atmosphere.
- Photosynthesis have two phases : 1. Light reaction 2. Dark reaction
- Light reaction have three steps as
- Oxidation of chlorophyll 2) Photolysis 3) Formation of ATP, NADPH2
- In dark reaction, CO2 is utilized and finally formed glucose, which is converted and stored as starchSynthesis of glucose occurs in a number of steps using intermediate compounds and