With the help of an activity, explain how will you measure the time period of a simple pendulum.
- Suspend a metallic ball (bob) by a long thread from a rigid support. Your simple pendulum is ready.
- Set the simple pendulum in motion.
- Note the time in your watch when bob is at an extreme position (say A).
- When the bob again comes to the position A, count 1 (one). Each time the bob reaches this position (A), increase the count by 1 (one).
- Check the time after 25 such oscillations. Find the time taken in 25 oscillations.