With the help of an activity demonstrate geotropism in plants.
- Soak some seeds of gram or moong in water for one day.
- Pierce slightly big holes (2 mm diameter) at the bottom of the cup.
- Fill it with 1cm thick layer of garden soil.
- Sprinkle soaked seeds (moong/gram) over the soil. Water the seeds.
- Put the cup on 2 pieces of wooden or stone slabs so that there is a litde gap between the top of the table and bottom of the cup. Cover the lower part of the set-up with black paper.
- Water the seeds regularly with little water.
- You will observe that the roots come out from the holes and grow towards the Earth showing positive geotropism.