With the help of a labeled diagram, describe in brief an activity to show sublimation of camphor
Sublimation of camphor:
- Take some camphor. Crush it and put it in a china dish.
- Put an inverted funnel over the china dish.
- Put a cotton plug on the stem of the funnel, as shown in the diagram below.
- Now, heat the china dish slowly with the help of a Bunsen burner and observe.
- Camphor which is in the solid state on exposure to heat will directly change into the vapour state.
- The vapours on rising up in the funnel will start condensing and form crystals of caphor.