Why is consumer awareness spreading slowly? Give three reasons.
INDIA is the second largest country in the world regarding population. There are more than 700 consumer organisations in the country. Out of these, only about 20-25 are well organised and recognised for their work which shows lack of awareness.
- On the other hand, the consumer redressal process is becoming cumbersome, expensive and time consuming.
- Many a time, consumers are required to engage lawyers. These cases require time for filing and attending the court regularly. Therefore generally consumers do take pains.
- Not only this, a large number of population is illiterate. They do not take interest about consumer movement.
- In most purchases, cash memo are not issued hence, evidence is not easy to gather if issued, it is very different to preserve the cash memo intact.
- Consumer movements can be only effective with the consumers, active involvement. It requires a voluntary effort and struggle involving the participation of one and all.