why do we need to conserve minerals? (any 5 points)
Conservation of mineral resources is essential because they are a country’s valuable possession. Some methods by which we can conserve minerals are:
- Minerals should be used in a planned and sustainable manner.
- Technology should be upgraded to allow the use of low-grade ore at low costs.
- Recycling of metals also results in the conservation of mineral resources.
- Non-conventional sources of energy should be harnessed for the generation of electricity.
- Small steps should be taken by every individual such as using public transport, car pooling and switching off lights and fans when not in use. (It is because 70% of electricity in India is generated by burning coal). Using power-saving devices also go a long way in conserving minerals and energy resources.