why do we need a constitution
A Constitution is necessary because of the following reasons:
- It is an important law of the land. It determines the relationship of the citizens with the governments.
- It lays down principles and guidelines which are required for people belonging to different ethnic and religious groups to live in harmony.
- It specifies on how the Government would be elected and who will have the power and the responsibility to take important decisions.
- It outlines the limits on the power of the Government and tells us about the rights of the citizens.
- It expresses the aspirations of the people about creating a good society.
Question : What is the need and importance of a Constitution?
OR Why do we need a Constitution. Mention any 4 reasons.
- The Constitution provides a framework within which a government has to work.
- It minimizes the chances of disputes among the various organs of the government as it clearly defines their powers and functions separately.
- It also controls the misuse of power by the government.
- It safeguards the fundamental rights of the citizens.