Why did a major protest erupt in 1926 in the Saigon Native Girls School in Vietnam? Explain.
- A Vietnamese girl sitting in one of the front seats was asked to move to the back of the class and allow a local French student to occupy the front bench.
- When She refused, the principal expelled her.
- When the other angiy students protested, they too were expelled.
- Further spread of open protests, the government forced the school to take the students back.
- The principal reluctantly agreed but warned the students.