Why are quality measurements used?
The quality measurements are used to satisfy a consumer.
- While buying many commodities, there is a logo with letters like ISI, AGMARK or Hallmark.
- These logos and codification help consumers get assured of quality while purchasing the goods and services.
- The organisations that monitor and issue these certificates allow producers to use their logos provided they follow certain quality standards.
- Though these organisations develop quality standards for many products, it is not compulsory for all the producers to follow standards.
- However, for some products that affect the health and safety of consumers or of products of mass consumption like LPG cylinders, food colours, additives, cement, packaged drinking water, it is mandatory on the part of the producers to get their products certified by these organisations.