Why are forests important for human beings?
- Forests are renewable resources and play a major role in enhancing the quality of the environment.
- They modify the local climate and control soil erosion.
- They regulate the flow of streams and support a variety of industries like the rubber industry.
- Forests also provide a livelihood for many communities.
- They also offer panoramic or scenic view for recreation.
- They control the wind force and temperature and cause rainfall.
- They provide humus to the soil and shelter to wildlife.