Ho Chi Minh was a communist.
- In 1930, he brought together competing nationalist groups to establish the Vietnamese Communist Party.
- He was inspired by the militant demonstration of the European Communist Parties.
- In 1940, Japanese occupied Vietnam. So now they had to fight against the Japanese as well as French.
- A league called ‘Viet Minh’ was formed to fight the Japanese and they got back Hanoi in 1945.
- The Democratic Republic of Vietnam was formed and Ho Chi Minh became its Chairman.