Who hosted Vienna Congress’ in 1815? Analyse the main changes brought by the Vienna Treaty.
THE Congress was hosted by the Austrian Chancellor-Duke Metternich.
Changes: The Bourbon dynasty which had been deposed during the French Revolution was restored to power.
- A series of states were set up on the boundaries of France to prevent French expansion in future.
- The kingdom of the Netherlands, which included Belgium was set up in the north. Genoa was added to Piedmont in the south.
- Austria was given control of northern Italy.
- Prussia was given important new territories on its western frontiers.
- In the east Russia was given part of Poland.