Which new strategies were opted by the printers and publishers to sell their products?
- Printers and publishers continuously developed new strategies to sell their products.
- In the 19th century periodicals, serialised novels, gave birth to a particular way of writing novels.
- In 1920s popular works were sold in cheap series called the Shilling Series in England.
- The dust cover or the book jacket is also a twentieth century innovation.
- With the onset of Great Depression in the 1930s publishers feared a decline in book purchases. To sustain buying, they brought out cheap paperback editions.