Mohan owns a farm in Uttar Pradesh; he wishes to cultivate either Jute or Sugarcane. He shall cultivate which crop out of these two keeping in mind the conditions required for their growth? Explain.
Mohan should cultivate sugarcane as the geographical conditions it requires are available in Uttar Pradesh. They are as follow:
- Sugarcane grows well in hot and humid climate.
- Requires a temperature of 21°C to 27°C.
- Needs annual rainfall between 75cm. and 100cm.
- Irrigation is required in the regions of low rainfall.
- It can be grown on a variety of soils.
- It needs manual labour from sowing to harvesting.