what’s the difference between half wave rectifier and full wave rectifier?
Half wave rectifier :
- A rectifier which rectifies only one half of each a.c supply cycle is called a half wave rectifier.
- Half wave rectifier gives discontinuous and pulsating d.c. output. Half wave rectification involves a lot of wastage of energy.
- In a half wave rectifier the frequency of output signal is same as that of input signal.
Full wave rectifier :
- A rectifier which rectifies both halves of each a.c input cycles is called a full wave rectifier.
- Full wave rectifier gives continuous and pulsating output.
- In a full wave recifier the frequency of output signal is double than that of input signal.
Acylation of alcohol and phenol with aromatic acyl chloride in presence of a base is called schotten bauman reaction.