What were the three main demands of SPA and their outcome in Nepal?
What were SPAs demands and what was the result of the popular struggle of Nepal?
The three demands of SPA were the following:
- They wanted to restore Parliament.
- They demanded for a new Constituent Assembly.
- And they demanded power to an all-party government.
Outcome of SPA’s demands was as follows:
- King Gyanendra was forced to accept all the demands.
- The SPA chose Girija Prasad Koirala as the new Prime Minister of the interim government.
- The restored Parliament met and passed laws taking away most of the powers of the king.