What social changes can be seen in society after industrialisation?
What was the impact of industrial society on the social life of the people?
- Industrialisation brought men, women and children to factories.
- Working hours were often long and wages were poor.
- Unemployment was common, particularly during times of low demand for industrial goods.
- Housing and sanitation problems were growing rapidly.
- Almost all industries were properties of individuals.
- Liberals and radicals searched for solutions to these issues.
- Many liberals and radicals themselves were often property owners and employers.
- So, it was the time when new cities came up and new industrial regions developed, railways expanded and the Industrial Revolution happened.