What significant improvements have been noticed in the health status of our population?
Following improvements have been made in the health status of our population:
- Diseases like small pox and plague have been eradicated.
- Inoculation and vaccinations are provided to control dengue fever, leprosy, TB and polio, etc.
- The infant mortality rate has also substantially reduced.
- Improvement has been shown in sex ratio also in some states of India.
- Good public health facilities are provided to prevent spread of diseases and periodically information is imparted to the public to take precautions.