What is the difference between multiple cropping and modern farming method?
Difference between Multiple Cropping and Modern Farming:
Multiple Cropping :
- It is a traditional method of farming.
- It includes growing more than one crop on a piece of land during the same year.
- This method involves using of traditional seeds that requires less irrigation, wooden tools and equipments, ancient machinery, etc.
- Thus, the productivity of this method tends to remain low.
Modern Farming :
- It is a modern method of farming.
- It includes growing of one crop on a single piece of land at one point of time.
- This method involves using of high yield varieties (HVY) of seeds, chemical fertilizers, pesticides and insecticides in large quantities, modern machinery, etc.
- Thus, the productivity of this method is high, however, it is not environment friendly.
Kindly ask the other question as separate query.