What is necessity to conserve both flora and fauna for our survival?
India has a huge diversity in flora and fauna. It has about 47,000 plant species and approximately 90,000 species of animals. All the plants and animals in an area are interdependent and inter-related to each other and forming an ecosystem. We should conserve both because
- Among flora, trees provide us wood to serve our various requirements, besides providing shelter from the hot summer.
- Plants provide us food including cereals, vegetables and fruits.
- Many plants, specially herbs are used for makings medicine.
- Among fauna, milch animals provide us milk, Poultry animals provide us egg, meat, Fish and many sea animals provide us food articles.
- Insects help in pollination of crops and biologically control other harmful insects.
- All these maintain a balanced ecosystem, thus should be conserved.