What is meant by biodiversity? List two advantages of conserving forest and wild life.y level.
Biodiversity refers to the variety of living organisms present in the given ecosystem. It includes all the marine and terrestrial organisms. The biodiversity of an area is measured by counting the number of species found in that particular area.
Advantages of conserving forest:
- It prevents soil erosion and floods.
- It helps to maintain the water cycle.
- It produces huge amounts of raw materials for the industries.
(Any of the two advantages can be written)
Advantages of conserving wildlife:
- It protects the endangered species.
- It preserves different kinds of species and thus, maintains the species diversity.
- It helps in maintaining the ecological balance that is required for supporting life