What is legacy of French Revolution
The legacy of the French revolution:
- The ideas of liberty and democratic rights were the most important legacy of the French Revolution.
- It inspired the Germans, Italians, and Austrians to overthrow their oppressive regimes.
- Colonised people of Asia and Africa were deeplys influenced by the French Revolution. They demanded liberty, equality and justice from their colonial master which finally led to the begining of national movement in their country.
- The declaration of the Rights of Man and Citizen gave rights such as right to life, freedom of speech, equality before law, etc.
- The French Revolution put into practise the idea that sovereignity comes from the people and not from the rulers.
- Women actively participated in the Revolution. It marked the begining of women movement across France and world.