hat are the essential components of primary health care?
Primary health care includes the following essential components:
- Providing education concerning prevailing health problems and methods of preventing and controlling them.
- Provision of food supply and proper nutrition.
- Adequate supply of safe and clean drinking water and basic sanitation.
- Provision of maternal and child health care.
- Immunisation against major infectious diseases.
- Prevention and control of local epidemic diseases.
- Appropriate treatment of common diseases and injuries.
- Provision of essential drugs.
- Promoting health education in schools and colleges.