What are the basic powers and functions of each institution in India?
- The Prime Minister and the Cabinet are institutions that take all important policy decisions.
- The Civil Servants, who work together with the ministers, are responsible for taking steps to implement the ministers’ decisions.
- The Supreme Court is an institution where disputes:
- between citizens of the country,
- between citizens and the government,
- between two or more state governments and
- between union and state governments are finally settled.