“Water power as a source of energy is more valuable than other fossil fuel sources of energy". Support the statement with examples.
Water power or hydro power is an inexhaustible source of energy while the fossil fuel sources of energy are exhaustible.
- Hydro power does not pollute the environment while other fossil fuel sources of energy pollute the environment.
- Cost of producing hydro-electricity is lower then the expenditure involved in
. generating electricity by the thermal power.
- Increasing use of hydro-power save the other exhaustible sources of energy.
- The use of hydro-electricity is cheaper than thermal power.
- The use of cheap water power helps in decentralisation of industries and help in promoting other sectors of economy.
- The use of water power in certain industries such as aluminium, fertiliser, electroplating etc., is more economical.