“Tourism industry in India has grown substantially over the last three decades”. Support the statement.
FOREIGN tourist’s arrivals in the country witnessed an increase of 11.8 percent during the year 2010 as against the year 2009.
- In 2010, 5.78 million foreign tourists visited India.
- More than 15 million people are directly engaged in the tourism industry.
- Tourism promotes national integration.
- It provides support to local handicraft and cultural pursuits.
- Tourism also helps in the development of international understanding about our culture and heritage.
- There is a vast potential for development of tarism in all parts of the country.