“The pre-modern world changed the discovery of new sea routes to America". Give any three suitable examples to explain the statement.
“The pre-modern world changed the discovery of new sea routes to America". Give any three suitable examples to explain the statement
COLUMBUS discovered the vast continent that later came to be known as America. With the discovery of America, started the cultural exchange with the original inhabitants of a vast continent.
The change is seen as :
- Foods which were not known to people of other continent like potato, maize, tomato, chillies etc. were introduced there and became a part of daily life.
- Precious metals like silver mines located in present day Peru and Mexico also enhanced Europe’s wealth and financed its trade with Asia.
Slave trade started :
- European traders captured slave and took them to America where they were employed in plantation. Europe became the center of trade.
- Religious dissenters were prosecuted in Europe. Thousands, therefore, fled to America from Europe.
- From the sixteenth century, America’s vast land and abundant crops and minerals began to transform trade and lives everywhere.