The judiciary in India is one of the most powerful in the world. Explain.
Indian Judiciary is considered as one of the most powerful judiciary in the world because
- Our Judiciary is independent of legislative and executive control and can take decisions independently.
- The Supreme and the High Court have the power to interpret the Constitution of the country. They can declare invalid any law of the legislature or action of the executive at union or state level, if they find it against the Constitution.
- The Judiciary acts as the guardian of the Fundamental Rights and protects public interest and Human Rights and prevents the misuse of the Government’s Power.
- Mode of appointment and removal of judges of the Supreme Court and the High Courts make Inidan judiciary very powerful.
- The judiciary has the authority to check malpractices on the part of public officials and take decisions on public interest regarding the actions of the government.