“The Constitution framed by the Constituent Assembly more than sixty years ago is relevant even today”. Analyse the reasons for it.
It is true that the Constitution framed by the Constituent Assembly more than sixty years ago is relevant even today.
It is due to following reasons :
- The Constitution reflects the views of the members as well as it expresses a broad consensus at that time.
- During the last sixty years, several groups have questioned some provisions of the Constitution, but no one has ever questioned the legitimacy of the Constitution itself.
- The Constituent Assembly represented the people of all regions, political groups and opinions, different language groups, classes, castes and religions of the country.
- The assembly was dominated by the Congress, which represented a variety of political groups and opinions.
- The Constituent Assembly worked in a systematic, open and consensual manner, thus giving sanctity to the Constitution.