Suggest three measures to conserve water resources.
We can conserve water resources by following ways:
- Water pollution can be controlled by treating these effluents suitably before releasing them in water bodies.
- Forest and other vegetation cover slow the surface runoff and replenish underground water.
- Water harvesting is another method to save surface runoff.
- The canals should be properly lined to minimise losses by water seepage.
- Sprinklers effectively irrigate the area by checking water losses through seepage and evaporation.
- In dry regions with high rates of evaporation, drip or trickle irrigation is very useful.
- Treatment of effluents - discharge of untreated or partially treated sewage, agricultural chemicals and industrial effluents in water bodies are major contaminants which should be treated before discharging it in the river.