Suggest any five measures to control land degradation in India.
Five Measures to control land degradation are:
- Proper management of grazing to control over grazing.
- Planting of shelter belts of plants.
- Stabilization of sand dunes by growing thorny bushes.
- Control of mining activities.
- Proper discharge and disposal of industrial effluents and wastes after treatment.
- (nil) Proper management of waste-lands.
- Avoid over-irrigation, especially in dry areas.
- Avoid over use of fertilizers and pesticides. (Any five)