State the powers of the President.
- All government activities take place in the name of the President.
- All laws and major policy decisions of the government are issued in her name.
- All major appointments are made in the name of the President. These include the appointment of the Chief Justice of India, the judges of the Supreme Court and High Courts of the states, the governors of the states, the Election Commissioners, and ambassadors to other countries, etc.
- All international treaties and agreements are made in the name of the President.
- The President is the supreme commander of the defence forces of India.