state the beneficial effects of microorganisms in our lives
- Microorganisms are used in the production of fermented food and beverages. E.g. Yeast, Penicillium, Lactobacillus.
- Microbes are useful in production of antibiotics and vaccines. Eg- Streptomycin
- Important acids, enzymes, pigments are produced with the help of microorganisms. Eg- Aspergillus niger
- Microorganisms have been found to be associated with higher organisms in a symbiotic relationship
- Microorganisms are used to produce biofuels like biodiesel
- Microorganisms play a crucial role is managing and treating domestic and industrial waste.
- Microorganisms replenish the soil.