Read the following information:
- Resistivity of copper is lower than that of aluminium which, in turn, is lower than that of constantan.
- Six wires labelled as A, B, C, D, E, F have been designed as per the following parameters:
Answer the following questions using the above data:
- Which of the wires has maximum resistance and why?
- Which of the wires has minimum resistance and why?
- Arrange Rl, R3 and R5 in ascending order of their values. Justify your answer.
- Wire C has maximum resistance because it has maximum length, least thickness and highest resistivity.
- Wire F has the minimum resistance since it has least length, maximum thickness and least resistivity.