Report writing format
Points to remember
- Mention the place, date, time and other relevant facts about the event.
- Include information collected from people around or affected by the event.
- Write the name of the reporter.
- Provide a suitable title/heading.
- Write in past tense.
- Write in reported speech and use passive form of expression.
- Develop ideas (causes, reasons, consequences, opinions) logically.
- Write in a less formal and more descriptive manner while writing a report for a school magazine.
- Present your ideas and impressions to make the report interesting.