Observe the given chart and graph carefully and answer the questions that follow.
- Which of the line represents the height of boys?
- Which line represents the height of girls?
- What is the difference between the pattern of increase in the height of boys and girls?
- Is this pattern true for each individual?
- The red line represents the height of boys.
- The blue line represents the height of girls.
- At the onset of puberty, girls grow faster in height than the boys and by the age of 18 years, approximately both reach their maximum height.
- No, the rate of growth in height varies among individuals. Some may grow in height suddenly at puberty and then slow down, while other may grow gradually