“No party system is ideal for all countries and in all situations”. Analyse the statement.
Party system is not something any country can choose.
- It evolves over a long time.
- It depends on the nature of society, its social and regional divisions, its history of politics and its system of elections.
- These cannot be changed very quickly.
- Each country’ develops a party system that is conditioned by its special circumstances.
- India has evolved a multi-party system, because of its social and geographical diversity in such a large country it is not easily absorbed by two or even three parties.