Name the two states which are benefitted by Kandla port. Mention three advantages of waterways.
Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan and Gujarat states are benefitted by Kandla port.
Advantages of waterways:
- Waterways are the cheapest means of transport.
- They are most suitable for carrying heavy and bulky goods:
- It is a fuel-efficient mode of transport.
- It is also environment friendly mode of transport.
- Water ways are natural routes, hence, donot involve cost of construction.