Name the international airports at Delhi and Kolkata. Mention any four advantages of airways.
DELHI Airport is known as Indira Gandhi International Airport.
Kolkata Airport is known as “Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airpot.
Advantages of Airways:
- It is the fastest mode of transport.
- It is the most comfortable and prestigious mode of transport.
- It can cover very difficult terrains like high mountains dreary deserts, dense forests and long oceanic stretches with great ease.
- At the time of natural calamities, relief measures and relief operations can be carried out immediately.
- India has long international frontiers. Air services play an important role in sending defence personnel and goods as when and where they are required.