1.Name the human male reproductive organ that produces sperms and also secretes a hormone. Write the functions of the secreted hormone.
2. Name the parts of the human female reproductive system where
- fertilisation takes place,
- implantation of the fertilised egg occurs.
Explain how the embryo gets nourishment inside the mother’s body.
- Testes produce sperms and secrete a hormone called testosterone.
The function of testosterone is to control the development of male sex organs and secondary sexual features.
- Oviduct or fallopian tubes
After implantation, a disc-like special tissue called placenta develops between the uterus wall and the embryo which helps in the exchange of nutrients, oxygen and waste products between the embryo and the mother.