List three techniques that have been developed to prevent pregnancy. Which one of these techniques is not meant for males? How does the use of these techniques have a direct impact on the health and prosperity of a family?
Three different methods of contraception:
They fall into 3 groups as:
- Mechanical Barrier Method
- Chemical Method and
- Surgical Method
1.Mechanical Barrier Method: The condoms on penis by male and a cover in vagina are used by females. They prevent sperms from union to ovum by making a barrier between these.
2.Chemical Method: In it two kinds of pills are used by females.
- Oral pills: It acts by changing hormonal balance of body and egg is not released and fertilisation cannot take place.
- Vaginal pills: They contain spermicides that kills sperms.
3.Surgical method: There are 2 cases:
- Vasectomy: In males, a small portion of vas deferens is removed and both cut ends are tied. It prevents transfer of sperm.
- In females, a small portion of fallopian tubes is removed and cut ends are tied. It will not allow egg to reach uterus it is called tubectomy.